Released Monday, April 20th 2015 on CD and deluxe vinyl
The death of Townes Van Zandt in 1997 at the age of only fifty-two robbed the world of a troubled genius as well as one of America’s finest singer-songwriters. Whilst never a ‘best seller’, his reputation and popularity has grown greater by the year, inspiring books, a documentary and renewed interest from the media, passionately loyal fans and contemporaries such as Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard and Emmylou Harris, who covered his songs to the upper reaches of the American charts.
In 1974, Townes Van Zandt recorded what would have been his seventh album, Seven Come Eleven. Business issues prevented its release until the recordings surfaced two decades later as The Nashville Sessions. To commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the beginning of Van Zandt’s turbulent musical career, and launch of a major catalogue reissue programme, Charly has restored and re-mastered The Nashville Sessions to present a stunning document of the folk-blues mater at his absolute peak.
- Restored and digitally re-mastered from producer and manager Kevin Eggers’ original tapes •
- Deluxe gatefold sleevepac features original Milton Glaser portrait cover and new artwork •
- 12-page fully illustrated CD booklet •
- Detailed sleeve notes by Uncut magazine journalist Rob Hughes •
- Part of Charly Records Townes Van Zandt 50th anniversary reissue programme •
- All original Poppy and Tomato albums recorded at the peak of Van Zandt’s career will be newly re-mastered, restored and lavishly repackaged •
At My Window / Rex’s Blues / No Place To Fall / Buckskin Stallion Blues / White Freight Liner Blues / Snake Song / Loretta / Two Girls / Spider Song / When She Don’t Need Me / Pueblo Waltz / Upon My Soul
Official website: http://townesvanzandt.com/
A classic, ‘Pancho And Lefty’:
“He was the best songwriter and most riveting solo performer I’ve ever seen” STEVE EARLE
We all give our spare time to run folking.com. Our aim has always been to keep folking a free service for our visitors, artists, PR agencies and tour promoters. If you wish help out and donate something (running costs currently funded by Paul Miles), please click the PayPal link below to send us a small one off payment or a monthly contribution.