A message from festival director Joe Heap
We’ve been working tirelessly over the last few weeks to try and find a way to run Towersey 2020. As the world crisis worsens week by week we have been trying to balance safety alongside our ability to run a great festival. We have looked at options of postponing to different dates later in the year or to next year.
Sadly, the time has come to make the call and make the right decision for all of us. We know the Festival is still many weeks away but the recent word from government is that we could be in lockdown for some time yet and even after that things may take at least 6 months to get back to any kind of “Normal”
Even if it were possible under law; from a health point of view, I know that many of you would be understandably nervous about a large gathering and we would simply not be able to supply the measures needed to keep distancing and hand washing at the level needed.
Added to that is the economic difficulty. With only half of tickets sold we will not have enough time to market and sell what is needed to make the festival viable.
So, for the first time in our 55 years we will be postponing Towersey Festival and moving it “lock stock and barrel” to 27 – 30 August 2021.
It will be the first Towersey I will have missed in over 20 years and for my family and our wider festival family it is a massive loss.
And we need your help to secure the future of the festival and make this possible!
- All 2020 tickets will be automatically transferred over to 2021 as of now.
- Early bird tickets for 2021 are therefore sold out, with no more going on sale for 2021.
- A refund is available of course and all ticket holders will receive an email shortly from Gigantic, our ticket agent.
- We urge you, if you can, please do carry your ticket forward to 2021. It will mean we have a better start to making 2021 a great festival and help us massively with the financial hole that cancelling 2020 creates for us.
- Those on payment plans can also hold on to the tickets and we will not ask for any further payments until November this year
- For Glamping bookings, please get in touch with your Glamping provider to arrange carrying your booking forward to 2021 or a refund
We plan to carry as much as the programme as possible forward and so far, almost all artists have agreed to work with us on this, which is amazing. We will of course keep you updated as we have further news.
The festival will be back, better than ever and with your support it will remain the beautiful, independent event we have always been.
So, for now, stay safe, be kind, look after each other. Thanks for your continued support. We will all be back together in Another Lovelier world soon.
Any CD/ Vinyl/ Download/ Book/ DVD that are reviewed or featured above (where available) can be ordered below through our UK or US Storefront
Buying through Amazon on folking.com helps us to recover a small part of our running costs, so please order anything you need as every little purchase helps us.
Physical link for the UK Store is: https://folking.com/folking-store/
Alternatively, search the Amazon main UK Store below.
Physical link to the US Store: https://folking.com/folking-us-storefront/
Alternatively, search the Amazon main US Store below (change selection from Jethro Tull and click 'Go').
We all give our spare time to run folking.com. Our aim has always been to keep folking a free service for our visitors, artists, PR agencies and tour promoters. If you wish help out and donate something (running costs currently funded by Darren Beech), please click the PayPal link below to send us a small one off payment or a monthly contribution.