KEITH RELF: All The Falling Angels
SOLO RECORDINGS & COLLABORATIONS 1965-1976
REPERTOIRE RECORDS: REPUK 1385 – CD and DELUXE DOUBLE VINYL SET
RELEASED FRIDAY, 29th MAY 2020
Repertoire Records proudly present All The Falling Angels, a collection of recordings featuring the late Keith Relf, former vocalist with the Yardbirds. With his blond hair, dark sunglasses, and frail, moody vocal style, Keith Relf brought a mystique to the Yardbirds that was a huge element of their image and sound.
That cool, cerebral, soulful approach continued with the music he made after the Yardbirds, all the way up until his tragic death in 1976 at the age of just 33. All The Falling Angels is a carefully selected collection of Keith’s work as a solo artist and in collaboration with fellow Yardbird Jim McCarty and his sister Jane Relf.
It includes previously unreleased demos from Keith’s personal tape archive, along with rare tracks by Together, the duo he formed with McCarty in 1968, his hard to find 1966 solo singles, and more.
This release coincides with two new Repertoire Records archive releases featuring the Yardbirds – 1964 Blues Wailing (a live set from the Marquee club, recorded August 1964 and featuring Eric Clapton on lead guitar), and Live At The BBC Revisited, a three CD set of recordings made for the BBC, the most exhaustive collection of their appearances for the Corporation by far.
- Total playing time: approx: 68 mins
- First ever collection of solo recordings by the late Keith Relf former lead singer of The Yardbirds
- Compilation and liner notes by Mike Stax of Ugly Things magazine
- Includes eleven previously unreleased recordings as well as Keith’s overlooked post-Yardbirds solo singles and tracks by Together, his duo with Jim McCarty
- 32-page booklet includes contributions from Jim McCarty, Paul Samwell-Smith, Bob Lind, Jane Relf and Keith’s widow April Mannino
- Gatefold digipak packaging includes many rare photos
Label website: https://www.repertoirerecords.com/