Debut album Hearsong re-released on December 8th
New single ‘Mathereal’ released December 1st
Having signed a major label deal with Dreamworks at 15, spent 2 years working with Leftfield, had a spell with trance outfit Younger Brother, and recorded collaborations with British jazz and electronic collective the Cinematic Orchestra, his debut solo LP was released independently last week, and he’s gradually been picking up some glowing press support, blog attention, and socials stats:
- First single ‘The Call’ has 65,000 plays on soundcloud
- The LCAW remix of his track ‘The Call’ has amassed 210,000 plays on soundcloud in 6 days
- Blog support from the likes of Drunken Werewolf, Indie Shuffle, The Music Ninja, The 405, and When The Gramophone Rings
- Featured Track placements from Folk Geek [Track Of The Day], Folk Radio [Song Of The Day], and For Folks Sake [Track Of The Day]
- ’The Call’ has been featured in NBC’s smash hit series ‘Parenthood,’ while others from the LP have been employed for shows on MTV and ABC.
- BBC 6 Music Plays from Chris Hawkin, Lauren Laverne, Mark Radcliffe, and Nemone.
- BBC Radio 2 Plays from Dermot O’Leary and Janice Long
Listen to the single:
With this as your soundtrack just surrender to the beauty of where you are, relax into the moment and breathe
Something completely new that no comparisons could quite do justice. Is this album is anything to go by, Ruu Campbell is definitely one to watch
More Than The Music
Any album that is reviewed or featured above (where available) can be ordered below through our UK or US Storefront
Buying through Amazon on folking.com helps us to recover a small part of our running costs, so please order anything you need as every little purchase helps us.
Physical link for the UK Store is: https://folking.com/folking-store/
Alternatively, search the Amazon main UK Store below.
Physical link to the US Store: https://folking.com/folking-us-storefront/
Alternatively, search the Amazon main US Store below (change selection from Jethro Tull and click 'Go').
We all give our spare time to run folking.com. Our aim has always been to keep folking a free service for our visitors, artists, PR agencies and tour promoters. If you wish help out and donate something (running costs currently funded by Darren Beech), please click the PayPal link below to send us a small one off payment or a monthly contribution.